Redefining Excellence In:
Medical Device Reprocessing. Endoscopy Procedure Products and Infection Prevention and Control
We are a leader in the design, development, manufacture and sale of medical devices critical to endoscopy and infection prevention and control. Our Endoscopy segment provides a full circle of infection prevention solutions through a comprehensive offering of MEDIVATORS® branded products and services in two critical areas – endoscope reprocessing and endoscopy procedure products. Our endoscope reprocessing products include a full range of endoscope reprocessing systems, high-level disinfectants and sterilants, detergents, leak testing and manual cleaning products, storage cabinets, endoscope process tracking and related consumables, accessories and supplies.
Our endoscopy procedure products include CO2 and water irrigation pumps and disposable procedure kits, sterile irrigation tubing and single-use valves designed to eliminate the challenges associated with proper cleaning and high-level disinfection of numerous reusable components used in GI endoscopy procedures. We design, develop and manufacture most of our endoscopy products.
• Must be able to sustain a level of technical expertise and competence that will support an FDA regulated device manufacturing environment
• Able to manage multiple projects and effectively utilize time wisely to support the operational needs of the organization
• Must be capable of advanced equipment Trouble-shooting and repair
• Proactively provide a summary of maintenance/repair recommendations to the Maintenance Supervisor
• Support the effective utilization of the organizations equipment maintenance logs
• Complete all preventative maintenance work orders to schedule
• Complete other assignments as deemed appropriate by the Maintenance Supervisor
• Monitors the environmental control systems for the areas assigned and will be responsible for maintaining proper performance to maximize energy savings
• Use the Main Saver computerized maintenance management system to effectively complete and track both corrective and preventive maintenance work activities. Will be responsible for setting the daily priorities to effectively manage departmental commitments
• Work with internal and external customers to develop and maintain preventive maintenance procedures and schedules
• Perform corrective and preventive action activities to include, but not limited to; equipment troubleshooting, electrical system repairs, replacing lamps and ballasts, changing air filters and belts, cleaning air conditioning coils, basic plumbing repairs, moving and setting up office furniture, maintaining and adjusting doors and door closers and the placing of MRO supplies
• Performs inspections and coordinates the service repair work for the organizations life safety systems, which included, but not limited to, the facilities fire alarm system, fire suppression system, fire extinguishers, entry alarm system and facility related monitoring systems
• Insures operation is maintained in a safe and efficient condition at all times
• Maintains records, supplies, shop and office. Maintains operation within FDA, OSHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the Main Saver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet the organization’s regulatory requirements.
• Works with outside contractors for building and process related construction and maintenance improvements. Will provide necessary coordination for the timely and safe completion of contracted work as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent required; relevant technical certification (i.e. Certified Maintenance Technician) preferred
• Experience: 3 – 5 years’ experience with mechanical/electrical equipment repair required; Injection Molding Machine maintenance experience of 2-3 years required; a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
• Prefer forklift certification or ability to achieve certification within the first 30 days
• Special attention will be focused on quality performance, the ability to function with reduced supervision and the ability to understand the necessary priorities of the position
• Good troubleshooting skills and basic knowledge in the care and use of power equipment. Should possess a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude, with knowledge in the operation of building automation and electronic control systems.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, stoop, crouch, bend or reach above and below shoulders height frequently. This job requires frequent twisting and turning of the body. This job also requires occasionally working outdoors during inclement weather conditions.
• Must be able to use a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Will be working with computerized maintenance management system, Main Saver, as well as building automation systems
Cantel Medical is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or other protected class status.