Cantel Medical is a leading global company dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention and control products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. Our products include specialized medical device reprocessing systems for endoscopy and renal dialysis, advanced water purification equipment, sterilants, disinfectants and cleaners, sterility assurance monitoring products for hospitals and dental clinics, disposable infection control products primarily for dental and GI endoscopy markets, dialysate concentrates, hollow fiber membrane filtration and separation products, and specialty packaging for infectious and biological specimens. Additionally, we provide technical service for our products.
• Direct the day-to-day field sales responsibilities for Medivators within a specific designated geographic territory.
• Penetration of new accounts within geographic territory where Medivators does not have a presence. Cultivation of, and maximize business through existing accounts by executing consultative/educative sales process. Representation of entire breadth of Medivator product line. Maintain thorough understanding of proper ordering patterns within the acute care setting for all existing business.
• Develop consultative relationships with new and existing account base to actively manage their infection control practices as they apply to endoscopic practice. Consistently in-service staff regarding infection control practices as they apply to endoscopic procedures, and any areas where Medivators may demonstrate grow in the future.
• Attain monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives.
• Travel as necessary within specific geographic territory to optimize Medivators product exposure and penetration. Travel is part of the job function and must be performed in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Travel should be in conjunction with established call activity, account management functions, achieving current sales objectives and developing new opportunities for Medivators.
• Maintain all correspondence for each account managed in territory.
• On-going market research for products or services that might enhance Medivators product offering.
• Participation in planning and implementing the marketing and sales strategy.
• Participation with Country Manager on annual sales forecast, business plan development, and all established or opportunity mechanisms for increasing revenue within territory.
• Interact with other departments in the organization to ensure proper handling of customer requirements. This includes but is not limited to Sales Leadership Team, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Service.
• Maintain open communication with assigned Customer Service Advocate. Price quotes, mailers and samples will be performed and issued through assigned personnel.
• Troubleshoot and evaluate all product reliability issues in assigned territory. Product issues must be reported to customer service advocate and Marketing for rapid response initiation. Defective products are to be picked up in person and sent back to engineering for testing. Will exchange product if needed and communicate with account throughout the entire process until completed.
Bachelor’s degree required. Must have excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to travel a minimum of 50%. Prior field sales or management experience required. 2 – 5 years sales experience with business-to-business sales or equivalent experience. Medical device sales highly preferred.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Exhibits a high energy level; demonstrates a positive outlook
• Looks for and takes advantage of sales opportunities
• Plans effectively and uses time well
• Is persuasive and resilient in overcoming objections
• Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
• Is an effective communicator of selling approaches, processes and product information
• Achieves established goals; driven to succeed
• Takes responsibility for own actions
• Works to do what’s right; trustworthy, open and honest
• Demonstrates a fiscally-responsible approach to running territory or region
Customer Service Attributes:
• Displays courtesy and sensitivity in resolving difficult or emotional customer situations
• Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills
• Strives for ‘win-win’ solutions to problems/opportunities
• Asks for help when needed
• Listens to and values feedback; shares opinions with team members
• Participates actively and enthusiastically in team/group discussions
• Respectful of, and actively solicits, team member opinions