Responsible for performing general accounting duties required to support in compiling and producing accurate financial statements, prepared in accordance with US GAAP and German statutory requirements. This person is an important member of the accounting team, who is expected to be hands-on in all accounting matters.
- Coordinate the monthly closing process and ensure monthly reporting duties are completed
- Coordinate, prepare and maintain the integrity of account reconciliations, key financial schedules and other financial reporting including intercompany reconciliations in accordance with U.S. GAAP. As well as prepare specific account analyses and reconciliations monthly.
- Calculate and prepare accounting journals, including proper documentation and provision of proper support. Ensure all required adjustments and reversals are properly recorded
- Co-own efforts to complete detailed monthly balance sheet review, identifying and explaining significant movements and ensuring accuracy of balances and underlying support.
- Assist with future ERP implementations, learn and teach Hyperion for reporting. Provide recommendations for continued process improvements
- Assist with preparing comprehensive supporting disclosure documentation for quarterly and year-end S.E.C. filings requirements
- Assist with the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasting
- Coordinate with internal/external auditors, compiling and providing requested information and responding to various requests required to complete their audits
- Assist in ensuring that all internal control documentation is maintained and adhered to. Support the annual testing procedures, implement any required remediation’s and ensure there are no remaining deficiencies at year end
- As assigned by manager, assist with projects, adhoc requests, etc.
- Qualified accountant or equivalent is required with at least of five years of relevant experience
- Strong PC skills and experience with Hyperion, Navision, SAGE, or Datev is a strong plus
- Must be proficient with accounting principles, procedures, practices and financial accounting software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are critical to success
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Multinational experience with manufacturing companies is a plus
- Good verbal and written skills in English required
- Need to have a strong sense of process and internal control mindset
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed