Provide sourcing and purchasing support to: new product introduction projects/teams, production materials and Maintenance, Repair and Operation (MRO). Assume a lead role in supplier sourcing, evaluation and management of new key product or special product/project team efforts as assigned. Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports. Negotiate and manage supplier agreements, supply assurance and conformance to corporate policy.
- Performs review of market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities.
- Identifies and tracks market trends in company’s industry for competitive analysis.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, quality, transportation logistics, inventory control and management
- Determines suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities that meet corporate objectives and policies.
- Applies Total cost of ownership, landed cost models in comparisons for competitive quotes and brings recommendations for acquisition of material/services
- Leads overall product strategy development, R&D requirements and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products as assigned.
- Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers including International/Global level. Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers and utilize ERP and other systems to monitor and report on supplier performance, coordinate and ensure corrective actions are taken as necessary.
- Purchase assigned commodities according to ERP messages, requisitions, and manual form service requisitions / purchase requisitions.
- Issue purchase orders and change orders for assigned commodities, ensure that proper internal documentation (requisitions/approvals) and external documentation (specifications, drawings) are provided by requestors and to suppliers.
- Manage the return of discrepant material to supplier for disposition per the Material Reject Record, and coordinate with Receiving, Quality and Accounts Payable in resolving any receiving issues for materials.
- Utilize ERP reports to ensure adequate inventory of purchased material is maintained to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Ability to identify and define problems/issues, analyze data; establish and draw valid conclusions on supplier performance and supplier relationship management.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and the ability to demonstrate incremental improvements within job scope.
- Develop and deploy best practices in supply chain management and work with Strategic sourcing initiatives, Procurement Card initiatives, Vendor Managed inventory and Cash flow improvement objectives by negotiating favorable terms and conditions.
- Occasional travel required to resolve supplier issues and develop new sources.
- BA or BS degree with minimum 4 years purchasing/materials experience in a manufacturing environment. Purchasing experience in a medical regulated product environment preferred. A thorough knowledge of ERP based manufacturing systems; a minimum of 3 years’ experience is preferred. Familiarity with ISO, FDA and GMP requirements.
- Experience in managing subcontractors of purchased assemblies and procurement of components in manufacturing business at Global level.
- ISM: CPSM or CPM and/or APICS CPIM or CRIM Certification desirable.
- Excellent organizational, time management and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and work well within cross-functional team environments.
- Proficient with use of ERP/MRP II systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position to utilize standard office tools.
- Move about office and manufacturing area as necessary.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computer, calculator, copy machine, fax machine)
- Flexible and able to manage customer expectations by appropriate prioritization of assigned responsibilities.
- Honesty, integrity and willingness to learn/apply new techniques.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and among all levels of management.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed