The Medical Software Support Engineer will apply technical and functional expertise, customer relationship building and communication skills in order to deliver high-level support of our software solutions deployed in hospitals.
This support includes, but is not limited to: installation, deployment and upgrade of the software in hospital infrastructure; registration, follow-up and answer of the technical and functional questions raised by our users by providing solutions; collection of all information needed to facilitate the identification and reproduction of issues by the R&D support team; collaboration and training with hospital IT staff to guarantee that the customer organization is able to perform the daily sanity checks of the system.
As one of the primary customer-facing advocates, the Support Engineer is a member of the Technical Services team and interact with the Software Implementation and the Product Management.
The Medical Software Support Engineer supports a large amount of customers and must be able to identify, prioritize, manage, and communicate issues both internally and externally.
- Functional and technical evangelist regarding medical applications
- Provide assistance to customer through service desk communication channels (phone, mail, on-site, …)
- Issue registration, documentation and follow-up making use of the global R&D support team located abroad.
- Perform installation and upgrades of server-side software within hospital infrastructure (this is mainly performed from remote).
- Training of hospital IT staff to deliver technical and infrastructure explanation
- Experience with software, hardware, and integration applications
- SQL and RDBMS knowledge (MS SQL Server, Oracle, mySQL)
- Basic scripting and programming skills
- Strong oral and writing communication skills
- Ability to define priorities and to escalate when needed
- Languages : English (fluently) – German (fluently) – French – Flemish
- Bachelor’s degree prefer in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Required to travel approximately up to 10%PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, ability to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move around within the office or field, sit and reach with hands and arms.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed