At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that help our customers improve patient care. Choosing a career with Cantel means joining a company that’s driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and the passion to shape the future of infection prevention. If you want to be inspired by your work and have a hand in shaping the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Come and see why people love working here.
Cantel is a leading global company dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. Our products include specialized medical device reprocessing systems for endoscopy and renal dialysis, advanced water purification equipment, sterilants, disinfectants and cleaners, sterility assurance monitoring products for hospitals and dental clinics, disposable infection control products primarily for dental and GI endoscopy markets, dialysate concentrates, hollow fiber membrane filtration and separation products. Additionally, we provide technical service for our products. Cantel medical is a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, specializing in the following operating units:
Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. Medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents and other supplies are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes. This segment is operated through MEDIVATORS.
Water purification systems for dialysis facilities, including hemodialysis dialyzer and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products. This segment is operated through Mar Cor Purification, Inc. and MEDIVATORS.
Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market including face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants. This segment is operated through Crosstex International, Inc.
• Work with engineering, quality, procurement, and operations leadership to establish parts management and component engineering processes and associated training.
• Implement risk management strategies to address obsolescence and proactively identify and address future obsolescence
• Review designs and conduct part lifecycle analysis and collaborate with procurement to develop strategies to minimize supply chain risk
• Resolve Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) and End of Life (EOL) component issues
• Track component lifecycles and provide early warnings and early warning mechanisms to product teams
• Investigate and select alternate components for existing designs in various product maturity levels
• Develop and maintain engineering documentation and recommend test strategies for component qualification.
• Analyze form-fit-function component changes via tools, industry relationships and technical expertise
• Review and recommend substitute components for new designs for improvements in source of supply, reliability, cost
• Work with senior personnel to assure regulatory compliance (WEEE, RoHS, other) of electrical components being considered for use in new designs or as replacements for components at, or approaching, obsolescence
• Participate in risk assessments of electrical components with new product development and materials management teams
• Review proposed BOMs from new product development teams for obsolescence risk and suggest alternate components, as appropriate
• Participate in investigations of components failures and implement changes through ECO, as needed
• Follow procedures and drive timely completion of CAPAs and audit findings
• Prescribe and guide activities of technicians
• Train and mentor new personnel within areas of expertise
• BS in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing experience, preferable within the medical device manufacturing industry.
• Experience with component-level testing, validation procedures and test methods
• Working knowledge of engineering documentation and standard document control practices
• Working knowledge of standards related to component selection and lifecycle
• Applied knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, theories and methods
• Basic programming skill (e.g. C, LabView, Matlab, Python, VBA, etc.)
• Demonstrated competency with Altium Designer or similar electronics design package
• Experience in the medical field or other regulated industry is a plus.