At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that help our customers improve patient care. Choosing a career with Cantel means joining a company that’s driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and the passion to shape the future of infection prevention. If you want to be inspired by your work and have a hand in shaping the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Come and see why people love working here.
Cantel is a leading global company dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. Our products include specialized medical device reprocessing systems for endoscopy and renal dialysis, advanced water purification equipment, sterilants, disinfectants and cleaners, sterility assurance monitoring products for hospitals and dental clinics, disposable infection control products primarily for dental and GI endoscopy markets, dialysate concentrates, hollow fiber membrane filtration and separation products. Additionally, we provide technical service for our products. Cantel medical is a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, specializing in the following operating units:
Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. Medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents and other supplies are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes. This segment is operated through MEDIVATORS.
Water purification systems for dialysis facilities, including hemodialysis dialyzer and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products. This segment is operated through Mar Cor Purification, Inc. and MEDIVATORS.
Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market including face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants. This segment is operated through Crosstex International, Inc. #CB
• Study market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities.
• Identify and track market trends in company’s industry for competitive analysis.
• Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control, and management.
• Lead overall product strategy development, R&D requirements and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products as assigned.
• Purchase assigned commodities according to ERP system messages, requisitions and manual form service requisitions / purchase requisitions.
• Issue purchase orders and change orders for assigned commodities, ensure that proper internal documentation (requisitions / approvals) and external documentation (specifications, drawings) are provided by requestors and to suppliers.
• Manage the return of discrepant material to supplier for disposition per the Material Reject Record and coordinate with Receiving, Quality and Accounts Payable in resolving any receiving issues for materials.
• Utilize ERP reports to ensure adequate inventory of purchased material is maintained in order to meet manufacturing requirements.
• Communicate timely and current information regarding material availability.
• Develop, maintain, and recommend suppliers to support departmental and corporate Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory objectives.
• Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, utilize ERP and other systems to monitor and report on supplier performance, coordinate and ensure corrective actions are executed as appropriate. Primary contact with suppliers for assigned commodities.
• Secure and analyze quotes; select existing and/or source new suppliers, negotiate price, payment terms, and lead time with suppliers to include maintenance of information in appropriate system databases. Conduct negotiations of supply agreements with suppliers.
• Ability to identify and define problems/issues, collect data; establish and draw valid conclusions.
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts.
• Occasional travel required to resolve supplier issues and develop new sources.
• BA or BS degree in supply chain, operations, business, or related field and/or a minimum of five years purchasing/materials experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Certification through ISM or APICS desirable.
• Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, preferably SAP.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Familiarity with ISO, FDA, and GMP requirements.
• Initiates and takes a leadership role in programs aimed at improved quality, delivery, or cost.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes, cost drivers, and market dynamics for assigned commodities.
• Experience negotiating supplier contracts and executing cost savings projects.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications.
• Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and works well within cross-functional team environments.
• Formal and informal leadership skills.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Customer Service Attributes:
• Flexible and able to manage customer expectations by appropriate prioritization of assigned responsibilities. Sense of urgency where necessary to support customer needs.
• Honesty, integrity and willingness to learn/apply new techniques.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and among all levels of management.
• Ability to remain in a stationary position to utilize standard office tools.
• Move about office and manufacturing area as necessary.
• Operate office equipment (i.e., computer, calculator, copy machine, fax machine).